Friday, December 30, 2011

Lucky 13 . . . The Best Of 2011

Here's my list of the best books I read this year. It was difficult to narrow it down, I could easily have twice the number up here. I tried to have ten only but I couldn't do it. So, I managed to chop the list down to a baker's dozen. Lucky 13.

I'm listing them in no particular order because choosing where they should stand in comparison with each other is impossible. Although, if I had to say which one was my absolute favourite, if I was about to be kidnapped by aliens (for example) to read them bedtime stories and they said I could only take one of these books, it would probably be Stuart Neville's The Ghosts Of Belfast. That one blew me away.

And now for the Lucky 13...


In Nine Kinds Of Pain by Leonard Fritz


The Lonely Mile by Allan Leverone


Between These Pages, These Places by Frank Duffy


Frankenstein by Dean Koontz


Street Raised by Pearce Hansen (new 2011 kindle edition)


The Ghosts Of Belfast by Stuart Neville


Devils In Exile by Chuck Hogan


Let Me In by John Ajvide Lindqvist


The Midwife of Venice by Roberta Rich


Mountains of Smoke by Frank Duffy


The Bastard Hand by Heath Lowrance


Cold Light by Jenn Ashworth


Beautiful, Naked & Dead by Josh Stallings



5 comments:

  1. Hey Julia, thanks very much for the mention - it's an honor to be included with some unbelievably talented scribblers...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn I agree with that I have read, and will read those I haven't. Ghosts of Belfast is a stunning wonderful novel. That stallings fella is ok, but proud to be on this list of talent. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent list. Loved Ghosts of Belfast, reading the follow-up, Collusion, now and it is excellent. Frankenstein looks interesting, as do all the others.

    ReplyDelete