Sunday, December 11, 2011

Miles To Little Ridge by Heath Lowrance


There’s something about a cowboy that makes a girl’s heart pound a little faster. I must admit I’ve always loved those ten-gallon hat and leather wearing, big gun toting, whiskey drinking outlaws of the wild, wild west. I’ve enjoyed all the Clint Eastwood westerns (he’s the coolest of the cool). But I can’t say that I’ve ever read a western before, so it was a thrill to dive into the new edition of Edward A. Grainger’s western short story series Adventures of Cash Laramie and Gideon Miles. This new installment called Miles To Little Ridge is written by Heath Lowrance, author of The Bastard Hand.

Being a fan of Lowrance’s writing, I knew it was going to be good. And as expected, I was not disappointed. Lowrance has skillfully crafted a stylish and compelling tale that tantalizes like a shot of whiskey to a desert-parched throat. The voice is authentic and the setting so real you can almost smell the horses and taste the grit of the kicked-up dust in the air. This was a great read with the right amount of knuckle-bearing violence you would expect from a good cowboy story. The only complaint I have is that it ended.

But that’s okay because there’s more where that came from...

Adventures of Cash Laramie and Gideon Miles





















That Damned Coyote Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment