Saturday, January 7, 2012

Ink, Skin & Unpaper

Matt was back today at Malefic Tattoos for some more punishment from Fabien, artist extraordinaire. While getting his grim reaper worked on, Matt read Dani Amore's short story on kindle, Scale of Justice.

Amore is an author I've had on my to-read list for a while. Her rise on the Amazon charts with a number of recent releases has been impressive. So when her short story, Scale of Justice, went free for a while on Amazon, I had to grab it. And because I needed to know what all the fuss was about with Dani Amore, I read it immediately.

It's no mystery why Amore's books are so popular, she's a damn good writer and Scale of Justice is an impressive story that I completely enjoyed. The title of the story is quite appropriate. But you'll have to read it to know what I'm talking about.

Matt liked the story, but was concerned why everything I give him to read is so violent. Well Matt, like they say down in Mexico, it's "mucho bettero". They also say, "Die Canadians, die!" (but that's another story).

I think I've successfully brought him over to the dark side with his reading though. Matt said, Scale of Justice was, "really good and hard hitting. Nice and violent."

So far Matt has had three sessions on his tattoo. The next session will focus on angel designs around the sides of his head. We will check back next week on the progress, and have Matt read another story of mayhem and suspense.

In the meantime, check out Dani Amore's story Scale of Justice. And when you're done enjoying that, be sure to get her book Dead Wood for a mere 99 cents. The first chapter of the book is at the end of Scale of Justice. I promise you're going to love Amore.

Visit Dani Amore's website for more info on her writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment