Wednesday, March 20, 2013

The Rapist by Les Edgerton


The Rapist is a disturbing look into the twisted mind of a narcissistic psychopath on death row. A vulgar odyssey reminiscent of Nabokov’s Lolita, although far more depraved, Les Edgerton has crafted a dark and brilliant story that leaves you as equally unsettled as it does in complete awe.

Not only does Les write some killer crime novels like, The Bitch, which was named the Best Thriller of 2011 by Preditors & Editors, and was nominated for Best Thriller of 2011 by Spinetingler Magazine, The Perfect Crime, and Just Like That among others, but he's also written books on the craft of writing. Hooked is  a must read if you write fiction.

From The Rapist: 

     "I was framed," I said, playing.
     "Shoot!" he laughed. "I read your file."
     "Okay," I countered, "what do you think, then?" 
 "I think," he started, and then paused, furrowing his brow into wavy lines,
"that you're some kind of genius that doesn't belong anywhere. I'd say you're like movies I've seen sometimes where the main guy has been miscast. Like a comedy that isn't funny because the hero isn't. I mean, the line are funny, you can see that, but you don't laugh because the actor doesn't say them right. It's like he's in a different movie than the others."




Les Edgerton is the author of fifteen books. He teaches creative writing on a university level, through private coaching of writers, and on various on-line venues. Visit Les at his blog  





6 comments:

  1. THANK YOU, JULIA! Yours is the first review on the "official" launch day. I've gotten some great ones before, but yours is the first on the official day. Your opinion means the world to me! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great, Les. I can't wait to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dynamite book that moves Les up to the next level.Brilliantly savage and insightful.

    ReplyDelete